Re: 1Jan 70 -- FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE + Current

From: Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_acm.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:19:17 -0700
This has been discussed on this list several
times:  those processes are all started
before the kernel has initialized the time.

Because FreeBSD has to read the disk
before it can know whether the hardware clock
is in UTC or local time, it's hard to really
do much better than this.  (I suppose you
could edit 'ps' to display such times
as '-'; that might be less misleading.)

Tim Kientzle