Re: groups wrong on NIS clients

From: Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:25:04 -0500
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:21:10PM -0500, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> Yes.
>
> If I ssh into the host and there is _no_ nsswitch.conf file present then
> the output of groups is just my user group.  If I ssh into the host
> and the nsswitch.conf file _is_ present then the output of the groups
> command is the correct listing of the groups I am a member of.

Gotcha.  That's because whatever this bug is, it is in `compat' mode.
It apparently only affects OpenSSH with FreeBSD's modifications (base
system or the OpenSSH port with FreeBSD's patches --- stock OpenSSH is
not affected).

Now that I can reproduce it, I will let you know more details as they
become available.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar_at_celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos