Opteron support?

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 07:30:09 -0500
I am considering replacing my Athlon-MP box sometime in the hopefully
near future
with an SMP Opteron.  I have work-related reasons for wanting to do
this early anyway
but I was curious as to the status of Opteron in CURRENT.

If its not quite fully AMD64 bit ready would it be useful to have a
person who
could test and maybe contribute some code back?  I've been working on
Opteron
AMD preview hardware at work for some time now with SuSE United Linux
Enterprise Server
and they have done an incredible job providing the ability to compile
and run either
64bit or 32bit binaries on their 64bit OS.

Does anyone have experience with this CPU?  I have seen the Opteron bug
list and its fairly lengthy and I will probably wait for a corrected
CPU if I can before I get
my new system.

Anyway... just changing hardware in the future and thinking I might be
of some use here.

Let me know,

Dave Leimbach