Intel D845PEBT2 and temperature monitoring...

From: John Wilson <jmw_ymail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:49:42 -0700 (PDT)
Good Day,

I've recently built a new machine utilizing
the Intel D845PEBT2 mainboard and an Intel
2.4B Ghz P4 CPU.  Everything works just great,
but I can't seem to be able to figure out how
to obtain temperature information that is
available from the temp. sensors that are
built into this mainboard.

I am running:

FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #6: Fri Apr 25 18:26:39 EST 2003

My understanding is that I would need
'System Management Bus' support, but can't
seem to figure out how I would go about
obtaining this support.

The 'dmesg' appears to find mainboard support
for this option based on the following output:

pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 31.3 (no driver
attached)

However, at this point, I'm sort of at a loss
of what to do.

My understanding was that the ACPI code would
be able to obtain the temperature information,
but this would require working SMBus support,
which I'm at a loss as to how I would go
about enabling this feature.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John Wilson