Re: Somethings still up with new NSS?

From: Vallo Kallaste <kalts_at_estpak.ee>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:28:15 +0300
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 01:11:02PM -0500, "Jacques A. Vidrine"
<nectar_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:09:01PM +0300, Vallo Kallaste wrote:
> > I'm beating the dead horse now, but what has happened to idea of
> > tracking such events in the UPDATING file? I did remember the NSS
> > update when I updated my system and specifically looked into
> > UPDATING to get some clues beforehand, but found nothing. This has
> > two sides, of course, it had probably saved my ass but the bug
> > remained.
>
> What is it you are suggesting to put in UPDATING?

Hmph, now that's a question. You posted the answer yourself some
emails ago on this topic, but I deleted all of them after the problem
got resolved. It was something along the lines of using pwd_mkdb or
vipw after updating the system but before doing anything else, so
all the records will be forced to new format. This isn't necessary,
now that you found and fixed the bug.
--

Vallo Kallaste