Re: Somethings still up with new NSS?

From: NAKAJI Hiroyuki <nakaji_at_tutrp.tut.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:35:21 +0900

> > With or without "nis" in /etc/nsswitch.conf, this error occured. Is it
> > just a qpopper's bug or, PAM or NSS related one?

> I cannot know --- it looks like a normal password-mismatch failure
> to me.  Are you sure you have things configured correctly?  Was this
> working for you previously, and lately it is broken?  Does it work on
> a pre-2003/04/17 -CURRENT system?

Yes, I think so. On 2003/04/15 -CURRENT system, it worked.

The error occurs on only some users, not all, so it may be a normal
password-mismatch failure. But they who get into trouble are Outlook
Express users and they save their password on their PC, and I cannot
believe they mis-typed their password.

There may be possibility that when they are required the password they
mis-typed it, of cource.

Now, I cannot find any "-ERR [AUTH] PAM authentication failed" in
popper.log and I think this problem has gone.

I'm now in another "portupgrade kills system" problem...

Thanks for your help.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki