Re: pcm0: failed to enable memory mapping!

From: Flag_reda <p.pisati_at_oltrelinux.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:39:33 +0200
On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 09:49:35AM -0400, Paul Mather wrote:
> Has anyone noticed a change in the probing of their sound device
> recently?
[mega snip]

it's the same for me but, in my laptop, the sound is working
properly only sometimes:

just after the boot, if i try to play an
mp3 SOMETIMES works, other it shows a "funny":

pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

and i've to reboot and pray to see it working properly...

moreover the agp module is not working properly
(actually it works, but the system freeze & reboot spontaneously
if i load it at boot time), and i've a little error with ACPI ( ACPI-1287:
*** Error: Method execution failed, AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_ELEMENT )
on my CRAPPY laptop:

ASUS L8400L

NEVER BUY ASUS STUFF, IT'S SH*T!!!

IMHO obviously...