Re: booting on laptop freezes

From: Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-current-local_at_be-well.no-ip.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2003 15:52:17 -0400
"Marco Tijbout" <marco_at_tijbout.nl> writes:

> I also have this problem. This time it is on my Hewlett-Packard Netserver
> E60. It was during the boot time of the FreeBSD 5.0 CD-Rom. The problem
> exists with the downloaded ISO and the CD-Rom I have buyed (bought?).
>
> Similar problem I got with the FreeBSD 4.8 release. During the installation,
> no problem, but after the reboot at the end, it would not proceed at this
> specific point.
>
> I hope this information is some kind of usefull.

Not particularly.  I've confirmed that it's agp itself that's causing
the problem, and I managed to bootstrap up from an older release
without it.

I'm having trouble debugging the problem (details at
http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/systuff/laptop-problems.html); if
you could try to debug the agp module startup code, I'd like to
compare notes.

 - Lowell Gilbert