HEADS UP: major commit in progress, be careful!

From: Peter Wemm <peter_at_wemm.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:02:33 -0700
I'm attempting to commit AMD64 stuff incrementally.  It is fairly likely
that I'll break something along the way, even though I am being careful.

In particular, be sure that you save a KNOWN GOOD /boot/loader and a
matching kernel.  Copy them somewhere safe, eg: loader.good and kernel.good.
The reason why you should be careful is that I'm adding the 64 bit loader
code to the i386 loader, and although I've been using it for a while, I have
had some interesting disasters along the way.

So, again, *PLEASE BE CAREFUL*!  I'll post a followup when the dust has
settled.

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm - peter_at_wemm.org; peter_at_FreeBSD.org; peter_at_yahoo-inc.com