Re: sil3112 controller

From: Petri Helenius <pete_at_he.iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 11:19:48 +0300
Soeren Schmidt wrote:

>>So that drives could be assigned to a mirror / stripe set before installing without
>>having to build the mirror on another machine first?
>>(in this case the BIOS does not help)
>>

>You cant boot from a stripe on a controller that doesn't have a BIOS
>to do it.

Sure, but I can boot off a mirror, which I actually do in a few cases.
Most ATA RAID controllers
seem to be targeted towards home-user and thus do not support unattended
operation.

I just can't create the mirror while installing.

I just wish there would either be more functionality in the twe driver
or somebody would come
out with 8-12 port SATA controller. Looking at the issues for example
the Adaptec SCSI RAIDs
have, it seems SATA will take them over quite quickly.

Pete