Re: Anyone use WINE at all anywhere?

From: Bruce Evans <bde_at_zeta.org.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 21:33:55 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Is the re ANYONE that uses wine on -current...?
>
> for that matter, a -current user that uses wine on 4.x?

I use it a lot for 1 application, but I mostly use my version of a 6
month old version of -current for large parts of -current, and a 2.4 year
old version of wine.

Known problems:
(1) rfork() in -current (not my version) was temporarily broken.  This
    broke the old version of wine though not an 0.4 year old one.
(2) Wine apparently lost something in the screen redrawing methods used
    by the application (they became too slow and glitchy), so versions
    newer than the 2.4 year old one are unusuable for me.

Bruce