Re: Yet another crash in FreeBSD 5.1

From: Terry Lambert <tlambert2_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 17:54:03 -0700
Eivind Olsen wrote:
> (kgdb) list *(launch_requests+448)
> No symbol "launch_requests" in current context.
> (kgdb) list *(vinumstart+2b2)
> No symbol "vinumstart" in current context.
> (kgdb)
>
> If anyone wants to take a look at this themselves I've put the compressed
> (gzip) debug-kernel available on
> http://eivind.aminor.no/debug/kernel.debug.gz
> NOTE! It's approx. 13MB compressed!

If this is repeatable for you, it's recommended that you compile
Vinum statically into your kernel, so that you can look at the
other symbols in the traceback and obtain source lines for them,
as well.  It may be that this will be debuggable without that
information, but in my experience with similar problems, without
a list of arguments to the functions from a live remote debug
session and/or a crashdump, the problem is going to have to be
found by an engineer eyeballing the call graph and seeing how
that particular line could end up with a NULL in bp2 or bp.

-- Terry