Re: Any patch for ICMP in a jail?

From: Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 06:51:12 -0500
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 03:55:55AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Through the credential passing?  I thought that wasn't reliable
> for this type of thing.  Specifically, the jail would be in an
> untrusted protection domain; if you just accepted the credential
> blindly, then anyone could be root in the jail, and you could not
> trust it.
>
> If you didn't accept it blindly, then regular root loses existing
> functionality.
>
> I'm pretty sure that, at least the last time I looke at it, the
> credential passing code didn't pass information about jail status.
[deletia]

Sorry, you are right.  Despite the subject line, I wasn't thinking of
jails at this point, but just of removing the setuid bit from ping.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   . NTT/Verio SME      . FreeBSD UNIX       . Heimdal
nectar_at_celabo.org . jvidrine_at_verio.net . nectar_at_freebsd.org . nectar_at_kth.se