Re: Dhclient fix for systems with media settings

From: Eirik Oeverby <ltning_at_anduin.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:33:01 +0200
Hi,

Then I shall provide what I possibly can.

When using dhclient to configure my wi-driven lucent card (latest
firmware), it will work for a while (varying number of minutes - up to
30 or so) and then stop working, while spitting out messages like:

wi0: bad alloc 55c != 2a2, cur 0 nxt 0
wi0: device timeout
wi0: bad alloc 573 != 2a2, cur 0 nxt 0
wi0: device timeout

and

wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fc02/0
wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fc03/0

Pulling the card and re-inserting it + restarting dhclient will give me
a network link again for another few minutes, then the same story
happens again.

I have never seen this problem when using a static IP - my uptime is
currently well over a week and I haven't had to reconfigure once.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
/Eirik