ipfw - default to accept + bootp = confusion.

From: Juli Mallett <jmallett_at_landmarknetworks.com>
Date: 06 Aug 2003 18:22:04 -1000
Does someone have any idea what approach to take for the following
scenario?  I'm leaning towards a compile time failure, or an informative
panic at the beginning of bootp...

You have IPFIREWALL, but not the default to accept option, and you have
BOOTP.  The BOOTP stuff will fail in sosend with EACCESS (informatively
printed as "13"), because of IPFW, and this may be slightly non-obvious
to people who haven't dealt with early ipfw interference before.

If not compile time failure / panic, I'd say probably we want some way
to notify a user in general of ipfw stopping pre-init operation, but I
don't want to add the concept of runlevels, and don't know if there's
anything there currently to do detection of if we've hit that point yet.

Thanx,
juli.
--
juli mallett <jmallett_at_landmarknetworks.com>