Best Known Methods for dual booting WinXP + -current

From: John Reynolds <johnjen_at_reynoldsnet.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:10:06 -0700
hello all,

Having had a positive experience thus far with 5.1-RELEASE and -current beyond
that on one of the new boxes I recently built, it is now time to build up the
dual-boot system (BSD for me, WinXP for the wife ;). I've read different
reports (some from laptop users) about using the WinXP loader to boot FreeBSD
and I've also read reports that people used the standard boot-easy to boot both
(while even others using GRUB).

Are there currently any issues with dual-booting 5.1-RELEASE and/or -current
along with Windows XP (probably SP1)? This would be on the same physical
disk. What do you other -current users who are faced with dual booting XP do
for the most part?

Thanks,

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Sr. Physical Design Engineer - WCCG/CCE PDE     jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.               FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."