Re: ATAng

From: Scott M. Likens <damm_at_fpsn.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 12:40:41 -0700
On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 11:40, Matt Douhan wrote:

> I cvsup'd current src today and applied the conf-patch and replaced the
> /usr/src/sys/dev/ata/*
>
> now in my dmesg output I see this,
>
> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...stopped
> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `bufdaemon' to stop...stopped
> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `syncer' to stop...stopped
>
> syncing disks, buffers remaining... 13 13
> done
>
> if I look at dmesg.yesterday I do not see these messages, maybe I just dont
> know what I am doing then please say so, but I thought it worth sending
> anyway

That has ALWAYS been there.  Maybe you hadn't noticed it, but on my
server I ALWAYS get it.

Even without the ATAng patch, but since i run SCSI the ATAng patch is
worthless to me or else i'd be testing it myself.
--
"I think we ought to be out there doing what we do best - making large
holes in other people's countries." - George Carlin