Re: openpam_load_module():no pam_wheel.so found

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:08:15 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> When I do an su command from a normal user on my 5.1-current of
> yesterday I'm getting a segfault/core dump.
>
> /var/log/messages then shows:
> Aug 10 15:27:44 kukuboo2k su: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_wheel.so found
> Aug 10 15:27:44 kukuboo2k kernel: pid 54586 (su), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)
>
> I also get this when I try to do a sh /etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate.
>
> I almost there again with 5.1-current and X on my notebook after a disk
> crash and data loss. Compiled the XFree86-4.3.1 tree and NVIDIA drivers
> today after a complete cvsup and kernel build yesterday.

Did you mergemaster when updating last?  pam_wheel has, I believe, been
replaced with pam_group.  A coredump is an undesirable result, of course,
but I suspecft that this is the trigger.  If you want to follow up on the
core dump, build a copy of su with debugging symbols, and enable
kern.sugid_coredump to get a coredump and stack tracfe from su (turn it
off again when done).

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories