Re: ACPI battery state and resume not working on Inspiron 5150

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:56:02 -0400

Kevin> I don't know if all laptops support both, but every one I have
Kevin> used does. IBM has a stand-alone tool on it's web site that
Kevin> creates a hibernation partition on ThinkPads (which I use). You
Kevin> probably need to check with the manufacturer of your system to
Kevin> see what is available.

I'm working on tracking that down for my Dell.  What's been
frustrating me ... is that the S1 is not very useful and the S3
suspend shuts the machine off.  I tried putting a value in the sleep
timeout as as suggested here recently... but it didn't help.

My only hope at this point is that S4 will do something useful.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |