dell d800 hints?

From: Dr. Richard E. Hawkins <hawk_at_slytherin.ds.psu.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:10:08 -0400
I thought I saw during my searching that a couple of other people have
dell Latitude D800 laptops.  Are there any compiled pages of hints?  or
is there a pile that I should toss together on a webpage?

I have it working, with X and network.  I don't have the modem working
(someone would need to write the glue for the linux kernel driver),
sound is erratic (sometimes works after cold boot, sometimes not), and I
don't have the acpi working (in fact, I don't even understand what the
posts are saying :)

Anyway, if people will send the bits and pieces of advice that should be
had for this model, I'll toss them into a page like the one I have for
the Thinkpad A21p.

(I'm assuming that this model still only works with -CURRENT due to the
network card).

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk_at_psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail