Re: ffsinfo missing in 5.1-RELEASE

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:56:32 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:

> On Wed, 13.08.2003 at 14:32:32 +0200, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> > > I just used growfs (nice tool btw) and noticed that growfs(8) has a
> > > reference to ffsinfo(8). But neither ffsinfo(8) nor the binary are
> > > present on my 5.1 System.
> >
> > I already submitted a PR bin/53517, which has a patch that repairs ffsinfo
> > on -CURRENT.
>
> <Mr Burns>
> Excellent!
> </Mr Burns>
>
> Sorry for the noise.

The only problem with this patch is that we lose the ability to do the
"START BLOCK SUMMARY AND POSITION TABLE" display for UFS1.  I'm not sure
this is a big issue; I will go ahead and commit it with those #ifdef'd
out (rather than removed as is the case in the patch) and look for advice
on reintroducing them from someone with more UFS expertise than me.

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories