Re: Dual P4 2.4Ghz Xeon With Hyperthreading enabled...

From: David R. Colyer <davedillinger_at_wyoming.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:54:26 -0600
No doubt this has been answered before, but I have an asus p4pe with a 3.06
p4.  Naturally, it is enabled in the bios.  To enable hyperthreading do I
need to recompile my kernel with smp support, and if so...does this apply to
freebsd 5.1 release as well?  (my friend wants to know).  Additionally does
changing the machdep.cpu_idle_hlt to zero make it faster?  Thanks in advance.

David R. Colyer