Re: "Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode" with latest -CURRENT

From: David Taylor <davidt_at_yadt.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:47:23 +0100
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, David Taylor wrote:

> I've been getting this occasionally (a few times a day) since I upgraded
> to -CURRENT yesterday.  I tried installing Bosko's Intel Data Corruption
> patch today, to see if that changed anything, but it doesn't appear to
> have worked.

[snip]

*sigh*

Now that I've recompiled x11/nvidia-driver _without_ -DWITH_FREEBSD_AGP,
the fatal traps have gone away.  The reason I didn't try this earlier is
that previously, I would see lots of crashes _unless_ -DWITH_FREEBSD_AGP
was specified.

However, after noticing the crashes stopped when I disabled X, I gave it a
try...  And it appears to have worked.

--
David Taylor
davidt_at_yadt.co.uk