Re: usbd does not use detach

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_efn.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:38:07 -0700
Eric Jacobs wrote this message on Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 11:01 -0400:
> In addition, the DETACH_FORCE and DETACH_EJECTED flags could
> be mapped to appropriate flag values for the other subsystems, such
> as MNT_FORCE and (a new) MNT_EJECTED flag for VFS.

This is a bit more complex than this.  There are many more layers between
usb and VFS.  For USB umass devices, they proxy to cam, which then is an
interface to da which is a provider for geom which then provides the
final device for ufs to mount.  So, each and every one of those steps
need to be taught about this.  Right now, very few things use newbus
even though they should.  This is a problem of them existing before
newbus was nailed down.  CAM doesn't use newbus for any of it's device
management (scsi device, not HBA attachment).

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579