Re: pci configuration

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms_at_spc.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:48:08 +0100
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 05:51:09PM +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:
> > True, those parameters are available, but the original question was
> > about reporting the bus width and frequency, which are not available.
> How can these parameters be displayed?

Generally I measure PCI bus frequency by attaching a poor man's
'bus analyzer'. There are low end ones available. The one I use is called
the 'PC Geiger'. This has a CPLD capable of decoding the PCI logic and a
small PIC to control the display and which reads some of the CPLD registers.

I'm not aware of any chipsets which expose information about the PCI bus
clock / bus width in use. A long trawl through datasheets may be in order.

BMS