Re: make buildkernel hang with SCHED_ULE

From: Adam Migus <adam_at_migus.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:45:28 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce M Simpson said:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:09:44PM -0400, Adam Migus wrote:
>> The hardware is a dual Xeon box.  The kernel is SMP w/ SCHED_ULE
>> instead of SCHED_4BSD, the options required for diskless and the
>> following two options:
>>
>> options         CPU_FASTER_5X86_FPU
>> options         CPU_UPGRADE_HW_CACHE
>
> Why are you using these options? they shouldn't be required for a
> Xeon.
>
> Are you able to break in to DDB to run a ps to inspect the process
> table
> via the debugger key or NMI?
>
> BMS

Bruce,
I also do testing on a dual Althon and honestly didn't bother to
research whether they'd have any affect.  Could/would they be
causing a problem?  I'll recompile without them and try again at any
rate.

As of now I haven't tried anything.  I'd image I can break to DDB as
the machine is responsive when it happens.  Can you give me any
helpful hints on what to look for and/or how to diagnose?

--
Adam - Migus Dot Org (http://www.migus.org)