Re: TESTERS WANTED for ATAng preview 2

From: Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm_at_theinternet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 07:13:31 +1000
+-------[ Andrew Kenneth Milton ]----------------------
| +-------[ Soeren Schmidt ]----------------------
| |
| | The story continues with Preview 2 - from the README:
| |
| | Now the functionality is almost equal to that of stock ATA, I'm getting
| | close to being ready to expose this on the -current users, so please
| | give this a go to shake out the last nasties.
| | I've fixed alot of minor issue that testers have reported back (thanks!!),
| | plus a few chipset issued found over the last days.
| |
| | Grap the latest from ftp.deepcore.dk/pub/ATAng and apply the diff files
| | to your src tree, remove the contents of sys/dev/ata and extract the
| | ATAng-*tgz file there, then do the usual drill to get a new kernel...
| |
| | As usual it might kill your dog, abduct your kids and whatnot :)
| |
| | Let me know how this works out for you!

Adding atadisk fixed the linking problem.

I'm now getting millions of these;

ata1: spurious interrupt - status=0xff error=0xff reason=0xff

ata1 is disabled in the BIOS.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  M:+61 416 022 411   |