Re: an driver / Cisco Aironet 340 stopped working

From: Peter Radcliffe <pir_at_pir.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:06:16 -0400
Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland <Tomi.Vainio_at_Sun.COM> probably said:
> I've used my Cisco WLAN with Toshiba Portege 3440 couple years but now
> it's broken.  I just upgraded to new Toshiba Tecra M1 and reinstalled
> FreeBSD there and now I get "an0: record length mismatch -- expected
> 430, got 440 for Rid ff68" errors.  I already tried with old laptop
> with latest kernel and old kernel from Jun 26th but it's also broken
> there so I cannot say who long this has been broken.

Have you got recent firmware on the cisco card ? The newer windows
driver will "helpfully" upgrade it for you silently. If it has
upgraded, downgrade it. The freebsd driver doesn't yet work with the
new firmware.

Cisco have changed the operation of the card with newer firmware and
havn't released docs on working with the newer firmware.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig_at_pir.net                 pir-sig_at_net.tufts.edu