Re: Broken kernel on 5.1-RELEASE was :[compile on 5.1-RELEASE /5-CURRENT (SMP, PAE & scsi)]

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:08:18 -0600
Ah shoot, I should know better than to respond after having a few beers.
As Robert pointed out, modules are absolutely not supported in PAE
kernels.  That not only includes sym and usb, but also acpi (which is
automatically loaded at boot).  If you still want to experiment with
the sym driver, just delete the line that the compiler complains about
(it's in a code path that will likely never be used).

Scott