Re: ACPI on Tyan Motherboard

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:16:32 +0200
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:54:21 -0700
"David O'Brien" <obrien_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> > Have you tried to hold the power-button a little bit longer? My
> > power-button turn the system off when I pres it for ~4secs (but I
> > haven't a Tyan board).
>
> Sorry but telling experiences with non-Tyan boards don't help one bit.
> (too bad I don't have Bill Paul's finesse in getting this point across)

So far every mainboard with ACPI support I've seen so far behaves as
stated above. AFAIK you can't override the "press for ~4secs to turn the
system off" in software on those systems.

Feel free to point out, that Tyan boards don't turn the system off, even
when you hold the power-button longer than 10 seconds. I'm not reluctant
to learn something new.

Bye,
Alexander.

--