Re: 5.1, Data Corruption, Intel, Oh my! [patch]

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:09:34 -0700 (PDT)
I haven't had time to test your patch unfortunately but just wanted to let
you know of a corner case to be aware of.  To suspend, ACPI maps in and
identity page table (phys == virt) and switches to real mode.  I'm not
sure if your patches change the ability to access the first 1M or change
the way such a mapping would be done, but it would be useful if you
thought about this.  The code is in /sys/i386/acpica/acpi_wakeup.c:
acpi_sleep_machdep().

Thanks,
-Nate