Lucent Technologies Orinoco Gold WiFi errors

From: Michael Goffin <neo_at_csh.rit.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:34:20 -0400
Does anyone know if Orinoco Gold cards just don't work in 5.1-current, or if
there is something special you have to do? I had the card working when I had
5.0-release without having to compile with OLDCARD. That install got really
bad so I went to 5.1-release and cvsup'd to 5.1-current this morning
compiling without OLDCARD. When I kill dhclient, set my ssid, then attempt
to run dhclient again, it fails. I have received several error messages
about bytes not clearing, the device being busy, and the input type being
wrong.

I'm using an IBM thinkpad T20. Any ideas on how to get the card to work?

Mike