Re: status of nsswitch.conf in current?

From: Richard Coleman <richardcoleman_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:40:32 -0400
I saw that.  I guess my question is whether a default nsswitch.conf file
will be checked into /etc and /usr/share/examples/etc, or whether it
will be left empty?  I would expect that if this capability was working,
that a default nsswitch.conf would be checked into /etc.  Many admins
may not know the system has this capability unless they see a copy of
nsswitch.conf in /etc.

My next question is related to nss_ldap.  Are there plans to add some
type of credentials caching daemon to speed up use of LDAP (or other
database) when using nsswitch.conf?  If the hooks are there, I would be
willing to work on this myself.

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman_at_mindspring.com