Re: Recent changes to AC97 files breaks sound

From: Lars Eggert <larse_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:54:44 -0700
Orion,

Orion Hodson wrote:

> First off, apologies for the breakage.

no problem - thanks for all the hard work you, Cameron and the others
have put into the sound code!

> Before investing any time doing a register dump, can you just check
> whether your mixer now has an ogain control and that it is non-zero.

I don't, and I have all of them max'ed:

Mixer vol      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer speaker  is currently set to 100:100
Mixer line     is currently set to 100:100
Mixer mic      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer cd       is currently set to 100:100
Mixer rec      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer line1    is currently set to 100:100
Mixer phin     is currently set to 100:100
Mixer phout    is currently set to 100:100
Mixer video    is currently set to 100:100
Recording source: mic

What's weird is that everything looks like it should be playing - no
weird messages, no jumpy progress bar, etc. I'll double-check my cabling
again.

One more thing: This board has a bunch of connectors, including regular
analog out and SPDIF. Right now, things are hooked up to the analog - is
it maybe playng out of the SPDIF? (Does that even work yet under FreeBSD?)

Thanks,
Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse_at_isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute