patch against src from 20030802 to compile GENERIC with icc

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:49:58 +0200
Hi,

I was able to compile most of GENERIC with icc. There are still some
rough edges (it doesn't compile *.s because of a bug in my *.mk patch)
and there's an internal error in icc for one file, but the patch offers
enough to play with icc (or to help to improve the patch).

The compile log (with some warnings from icc which may even be
interesting to people which don't want to play with icc) and the diff
are at http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/.

To use it, you have to apply the patch, config your kernel (I suggest to
use a new one or to make sure to have no gcc compiled bits in them), cd
into the kernel compile directory, add "${MAKEFLAGS}" to the make call
in the aicasm part and run "make -DUSE_ICC depend; make -i -DUSE_ICC" to
see some warnings and errors fly by (if you don't know how to do the
above and/or don't know what "-i" does: don't ask me, you aren't ready
for this).

It would be nice if someone with more *.mk-fu would look at the patch
and improve it (in the next days I have other things to do).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
     The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net