Re: HTT on current

From: Michael W. Oliver <michael_at_gargantuan.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:41:43 -0400
+--- On Saturday, August 23, 2003 21:18,
| mikej_at_trigger.net proclaimed:
|
| > On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:23:52PM -0400, mikej_at_trigger.net wrote:
| >> Well i've enabled all SMP options, recompiled and rebooted. The CPUs
| >> now properly show up in dmesg and i can see the C header in top.
| >> However no processes seem to be being assigned to cpu 1. Why is the
| >> schedueler only using CPU 0? This wasnt the behaviour in stable.
| >
| > Which scheduler?  Please try to be as explicit as you can when sending
| > bug reports.
| >
| > Kris
|
| The default BSD schedueler. All processes seem to be on CPU0 according to
| top.
|
| options         SCHED_4BSD              #4BSD scheduler

Check the -current archives, especially around 2003-08-12, for messages with
the subject "Dual P4 2.4Ghz Xeon With Hyperthreading enabled".

HINT: machdep.hlt_logical_cpus

(note - I don't have a HTT machine, so I can't speak from experience, just
from the content of this mailing list, reading it every day)

--
|       Michael W. Oliver, CCNP       | "The tree of liberty must be |
|      gpg key - http://michael.gargantuan.com/gnupg/pubkey.asc      |