Re: HEADS UP! ATAng committed

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:08:09 +0100
I have just cvsup'd and done a full buildworld/kernel and on reboot had a
kernel panic. Unfortunatly I do not have ddb or anything compiled into the
kernel but I can sort this out and get a proper backtrace etc if you don't
immediatly know what's wrong.

I have the following hardware:

ad0: 76319MB <ST380020A> [155061/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA100
acd0: DVD-ROM <Compaq DVD-ROM SD-616T> at ata1-master PIO4
acd1: CD-RW <SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B> at ata1-slave PIO4

This did work perfectly with the old ATA, but the new ATA panic's. I have
found that it is due to having device atapicam for the SCSI emulation. If I
recompile the kernel with this option commented out the kernel boots and
everything works normally (except the SCSI emulation).

If you need a full panic message and backtrace then I will recompile it with
debugging options enabled and get one for you.

Matt.

--
email: matt_at_xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.