nfs tranfers hang in state getblck or nfsread

From: Mike B <chops_at_cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:54:15 -0400
I'm running an nfs server from a freebsd 4.8 box and accessing in from a
5.1 client machine. On small transfers I usually have no problems but
when I run a high bandwidth task (normalizing audio tracks) the
normalize process often gets stuck in the getblck state or nfsread
state. The priority on this process is also set to -1.  Has anybody else
experienced this problem? Thanks for the input.