Re: Another pmap related panic

From: Lukas Ertl <l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:51:28 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Mark Tinguely wrote:

> >  I got another pmap related panic on my HTT SMP machine.  If I don't get
> >  that completely wrong, it dies again after accessing the return value of
> >  pmap_pte_quick().
>
> I haven't buried myself in the 5.x pmap/vm code, but I did a visual inspection
> of the Bosko Milekic "PSE changes" and they do look correct to me -- good job.
>
> Do these crashes happen with the HTT turned off?
>
> It appears interesting that both sources of your panics are in a pv_list loop.
> I guess I don't know the "vm_page_queue_mtx" locking well enough, but I see
> asserts if "MA_OWNED", but I see how these are set to limit one processor
> in the queue.

I have now applied Boskos Patch to a recent -CURRENT and also turned on
INVARIANTS - same panic, same place in pmap_is_modified().

A UP kernel seems to be ok, but I would need to let it run longer.

I'm starting to think of bad RAM.

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073