Re: SENDMAIL_MC

From: Harti Brandt <brandt_at_fokus.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:22:33 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:

GNS>> I have SENDMAIL_MC and SENDMAIL_SUBMIT_MC defined in /etc/make.conf
GNS>> (both with the full path, i.e. /etc/mail/...). From the documentation
GNS>> I take it, that this should work. My installworld however breaks because
GNS>> src/etc/sendmail/Makefile strips the pathname from the variables before
GNS>> trying to install the files.
GNS>>
GNS>> So, is this supposed to work this way?
GNS>
GNS>Yes, it is supposed to work just fine.  Can you show the exact
GNS>error you get after a buildworld and installworld?  Also you
GNS>might try this before the buildworld:
GNS>
GNS>cd /usr/src/etc/sendmail
GNS>make cleandir
GNS>make cleandir

This doesn't help. The error is:

===> etc
===> etc/sendmail
install -o root -g wheel -m 644  fokus.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
install: fokus.cf: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/etc/sendmail.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/etc.
*** Error code 1

And I have the files:

/etc/mail/fokus.cf
/etc/mail/fokus.mc
/etc/mail/fokus.submit.cf
/etc/mail/fokus.submit.mc

The problem (I think) is in src/etc/sendmail/Makefile:

.if defined(SENDMAIL_MC)
INSTALL_CF=	${SENDMAIL_MC:T:R}.cf

This leaves INSTALL_CF with fokus.cf (the path is stripped off) and
there is (of course) no fokus.cf in src/etc/sendmail.

harti
--
harti brandt,
http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private