Re: PCMCIA trouble with Xircom, "CIS is too long -- truncating"

From: Andreas Klemm <andreas_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:46:33 +0200
On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 03:08:45PM +0400, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
> > What more infos do you need ?
>
> Yes, please tell more about your kernel config file.
> I think you use
> device	cbb
> device	pccard
> device	cardbus
>
> Please comment this lines and add
> device	pcic
> device	card 1

Sorry not possible.

Reason is, that I can't install current on my laptop,
since I need it with ethernet for the job.

I can only migrate to current if network is running.
Sounds like a chicken and egg problem ;-)

Currently I run 4.8-STABLE on it.
And the failures I had were with a 5.1-current JPSNAP CD.
So to say with a normal GENERIC kernel.

Could you offer me boot floppies containing the change
you wanted me to test ? Then I could tell you, if kernel
detects the NIC.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/