Compaq desktop does not work without ACPI

From: Oleg Polyakov <opolyakov_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:38:58 -0700
I upgraded old Compaq Despro EP from 5.1-Release to Current as of Aug 27th
(cvsupped)
and last line I see after boot is "Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a". The
box just can't
go past this point. boot -v gives one more line "start_init: trying
/sbin/init".
It happened with both generic and myself configured kernels.

Surprisingly if I boot with ACPI turned on it goes through and works
properly then.

So quick fix is to enable ACPI in /boot/loader.conf but I think it's a bug
anyway and if
somebody wants to tackle the problem I can give more info and help in
debugging.

----
Oleg