Re: need some debugging help

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:22:10 +0200
In message <20030830040357.GA42770_at_panzer.kdm.org>, "Kenneth D. Merry" writes:

>I think I have everything setup correctly, but I keep getting panics inside
>the GEOM code with these patches.  (Memory modified after free.)  I don't
>know whether I've just exposed some race condition, or whether I've done
>something wrong.

Do you have any idea what goes on at/right before the panic ?

Ie: has drives been created [disk_create()] or removed [disk_destroy()]
right before ?

My best shot, would be that disk_destroy() was called and something
somehow fiddled the related structures subsequently.

You may want to set kern.geom.debugflags=N and see if that offers
any clues.

	N |= 1  topology events
	N |= 2  bio processing (ie: many lines for each I/O)
	N |= 4  access processing (open/close)