Re: pam_mkhomedir

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms_at_spc.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:53:04 +0100
On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 10:09:14AM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> If I remember, pam_mkhomedir was in the contrib section under 4.x. Any idea
> why it is not part of FreeBSD anymore ? Or do you know any other way of
> auto-creating users homedir ?

My virtual hosting setup does this through ProFTPD and doesn't use PAM.
The problem with this is that you need to be running as root, or as a
user or group which can create under /home, or have the sticky bit on /home.

I see the source under RELENG_4 as: /src/contrib/libpam/modules/pam_mkhomedir

I can't think of any major reasons why you couldn't just continue using this
if it worked for you before. It would probably work from login. sshd might
require you to enable UseLogin yes in sshd_config.

BMS