Inappropriate ioctl for device (CDIOCREADAUDIO)

From: Peter Kostouros <kpeter_at_melbpc.org.au>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:25:27 +1000
Hi

I am using cd2mp3 (which uses dagrab) to copy an audio file.
Unfortunately I receive the following message:

dagrab: read raw ioctl failed at lba 33 length 12: Inappropriate ioctl
for device

I hope the following snippet of code from dagrab might be useful:

void cd_read_audio(int lba,int num,char *buf)
{
    struct ioc_read_audio ra;

    ra.address.lba=lba
    ra.address_format=CD_LBA_FORMAT;
    ra.nframes=num;
    ra.buffer=buf;
    if(ioctl(cdrom_fd,CDIOCREADAUDIO,&ra)) {
       fprintf(...);
    }
}

cd2mp3 works if I use last week's kernel. Note, I re-built cd2mp3 and
its dependencies.

--

Regards

Peter

As always the organisation disavows knowledge of this email