Is booting/installing from USB CDROM considered supported?

From: Martin Nilsson <martin_at_mullet.se>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:41:04 +0100
I tried to install our CD/FDD-less servers from a CD-RW drive connected
on the USB port, the bootloader complains about "not ufs" and wants me
to enter a new boot device. This is 4.9-Release

On a late October current the system reboots.

I'll try with a fresh 5.2-BETA later today and see what happens with it.
in the meantime I just want to ask:

Is booting the install CD over a USB connected CDROM supposed to be
working?

---
Martin Nilsson, CTO & Founder, Mullet Scandinavia AB, Malmö, SWEDEN
E-mail: martin_at_mullet.se, Phone: +46-(0)708-606170, http://www.mullet.se

Our business is well engineered servers optimized for FreeBSD and Linux.