Re: problem with kerberos startup and LDAP

From: Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 07:25:37 -0600
On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 10:37:08PM -0800, Sean McNeil wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was having trouble with startup and kdc/kadmin5 failing.  Turns out
> that they were trying to access a shared library in /usr/local/lib
> (libldap.so.2).  Unfortunately, both were getting started before
> ldconfig.
>
> I added ldconfig to the REQUIRE: for kerberos and now all is well.
>
> What should be the correct solution?

Let's see:  What implementation of Kerberos?  (Heimdal, MIT?)
Installed as part of the base system, from the Ports Collection, or by
hand?

The correct solutions are:

  (a) Do not build Kerberos against OpenLDAP if you do not use
      LDAP functionality.

  (b) When building Kerberos, make certain that the linker flags
      include an appropriate setting for RPATH, e.g.
      `-rpath /usr/local/lib'.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   NTT/Verio SME      FreeBSD UNIX       Heimdal
nectar_at_celabo.org jvidrine_at_verio.net nectar_at_freebsd.org nectar_at_kth.se