How to disable devices in -current / 5.2-BETA?

From: Rudolf Cejka <cejkar_at_fit.vutbr.cz>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:22:36 +0100
Hello,
  I'm trying to boot 5.2-BETA with aac, which panics as has been
reported here and I can confirm panics too. I would like to try
boot with aac disabled for now, but it does not work for me.
There is suggested in device.hints(5), that I can do
set hint.driver.unit.disabled="1"
however it does not work for me - neither in loader prompt, nor
in /boot/device.hints.

Exactly, I'm trying
hint.aac.0.disabled="1"
in /boot/device.hints or
set hint.aac.0.disabled="1"
in loader prompt.

I have tried hint.lpt.0.disabled, hint.sio.0.disabled, hint.ppi.0.disabled
and hint.orm.0.disabled too, but I would not be able to disable any device
and still all devices are detected during boot and 5.2-BETA panics with
aac in all cases. Please, does anybody know, what I'm doing wrong and how
to exactly disable any device from GENERIC kernel, atleast aac? Does really
work disabling of devices through hint.driver.unit.disabled? Thanks.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology