Re: Periodic Scripts - Configuration problem?

From: Jonathan T. Sage <sagejona_at_theatre.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:36:35 -0500
Jack.W.Parks_at_alltel.com wrote:

>I recently change the hostname of my FreeBSD host to remove a hyphen
>from the name (i.e. skrap-node to skrapnode)  Since then, all of the
>periodic output scripts send their mail output to
>root_at_skrap-node.skrap.net instead of root_at_skrapnode.skrap.net.  Only the
>mail delivery failures make it to my inbox.  Mail works fine for all
>users, this just affects the periodic scripts.
>
>I have tried grep'ing for the incorrect hostname in the
>/etc/periodic/blah... But haven't found anything.

the easiest thing to check right now is the output of "hostname".  also,
i *think* that the periodic scripts send mail to root (i.e., they don't
add the domain), so perhaps sendmail is adding this?
try:
# sendmail -bv root

if that is the case, check /etc/mail/sendmail.cf for the hardcoded
hostname, or give sendmail a bit of -HUP (make restart in /etc/mail)

hope this helps

~jon

-
"Yesterday upon the stair I saw a man
who wasn't there, he wasn't there
again today, oh how i wish he'd go away"

Rev. Jonathan T. Sage
Lighting / Set Designer
Professional Web Design
[HTTP://thr.msu.edu]