Re: ACPI results Inspiron 8000

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:20:39 +1030
On Tuesday 02 December 2003 21:50, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > I used to suspend to disk in 4.x after creating the S2D partition with
> > the floppy image from Dell, however I don't any more..
>
> I kept the Dell partition intact. Or does it need special formatting?

If it's a newish laptop then that partition has diag tools on it, not a
suspend to disk partition.

My laptop didn't come with a S2D partition because WinME does it itself - ie
I'd say the S2D method is deprecated.

> > Basically it takes so long to suspend and resume with a decent amount of
> > memory (256Mb+) that it's not worth it - most of my applications are
> > smart enough to save state when they quit :)
> Hmm, since I have 512 and might upgrade to 1G of memory, I guess I don't
> need it either :). But it should error out and resume normal powerstate if
> for whatever reason suspension does not work. It should not reboot.

Sure thing.. Got patches? :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5